This recipe is safe for Phase 2 of the HCG Diet and counts as 1 protein serving, 1 vegetable serving, 1 carb serving, and some of your daily allotted amount of lemon juice. You are allowed the juice of one lemon per day. If you have already reached that amount of lemon juice, just omit from the recipe.
- 100 grams fresh white fish
- 2 tbsp lemon juice* separated
- 1 tbsp oregano
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 grissini breadstick
- 3-4 large lettuce leaves
- Cut the lettuce into large pieces. You may use any type of lettuce, for this recipe we used romaine and it turned out amazing. Remember to wash and dry your lettuce before use, especially if you do not buy organic.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut a large, square sheet of aluminum foil, lay out flat, and place your raw fish in the center. For this recipe we used cod, but you could use any type of fresh white fish, such as sea bass, burbot, pock, tilapia, whiting, or orange roughy.
- In small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, oregano, sea salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Pour the lemon/spice mixture over fish.
- Fold up edges of the aluminum foil and seal the foil in a pouch-like manner.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-20 minutes or until fish flakes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly before opening the foil pouch.
- Place lettuce on a serving plate, top with cooked fish, and the pour the other 1 tablespoon of lemon juice on top.
- Serve with a grissini breadstick