I am not a fan of fish curry or such like dishes, but this is one dish I do love. It is bursting with flavor and we are very sure you will enjoy it too.
45ml coconut Oil
1 Large Onion, finely chopped
4 Jam Tomatoes (Skins off and Stick blended)
3 Habanero Chillis
2 Tablespoons Brown Seedless Tamarind (Soaked with approx. half a cup of water. Black tamarind can also be used)
I Tbs freshly ground Ginger and Garlic
1 to 2 Pinches of Black Mustard Seeds
1 Pinch Methi Seeds
1.5 Tablespoon rough Sea Salt
1.5 Tablespoons Kashmiri Chilli Powder
1.5 teaspoon Rajah mild curry powder
1.5 teaspoon Rajah all in one curry powder
1 teaspoon Garam Masala
1.25kg Fish Slabs (tail end)
1 Sprig Curry Leaves
1 Tablespoon low sugar Tomato Paste (optional)
Dhania to garnish
- Braise onions on medium heat.
- Add ginger garlic mix, mustard and methi seeds.
- Add chillis.
- Add masalas and mix
- Stir in tomatoes and toss for a few seconds.
- Add curry leaves.
- Add tamarind water and cook for approx. 10 minutes (until tomatoes are almost melted) on medium to low heat.
- Add salt and add fish.
- Cook for a further 10 to 12 minutes, turning the fish over once or twice until the fish is fully cooked.