One of my most favorite dishes, and I even use it at times as a soup too.
- 2 x 270 g | 9.5 oz tins coconut cream
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- 1 lemon grass stalk white part only
- 1 portion of thai red curry paste
- 500 g chicken thigh cubed small (you can use breast if you like)
- 20 g fish sauce or alternatively 10 g soy for vegetarian (Low Sodium please)
- 5 g stevia powder
- 200 g red bell peppers or green peppers
- ½-1 tsp himalayan salt depending on preference
- A handful of torn up Thai green basil to serve
- Add 1 tin of coconut cream, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves and 1 portion of curry paste to mixer bowl. Cook for 10 min do not bring to boil
- Add chicken, fish sauce, remaining tin of coconut cream and coconut sugar. Cook for 10 on low heat so just simmers
- Taste and add salt to desired amount, break up chicken gently with a spoon, add the peppers and cook for a further 7 min on low heat
- Pour curry into server, stir through torn up thai green basil and let it sit for 5 mins covered until serving. I also used a dash of Lemon Grass and it was just delish!
- Serve with Miracle Noodles.
Substitute fish sauce for soy sauce and add 500 g preferred vegetables at appropriate time. .To boost the protein content for a vegetarian variation, pour curry over halved hard boiled eggs before serving.