Southwest Egg Bake
Awesome brekkie recipe because it does not contain any starches. Serves 6-8.
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- 6 strips turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- ¾ cup pepper cheese, grated
- sour cream (to taste)
- Whisk eggs and egg whites with cayenne in a bowl. Set aside.
- Sauté the peppers, onions and bacon in a pan until veggies are tender and turkey bacon is cooked.
- Combine egg mixture, pepper mixture, canned tomatoes, and cheese in a baking dish.
- Bake at 260 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
- Serve topped with sliced avocado, sour cream, and hot sauce to taste.