This quick and easy meal will please both the kids and the grown-ups. Chicken is marinated in a tasty mixture of marjoram, tomato paste and garlic, and served with a side of green salad and broccoli. I used chicken tenderloins because the meat is very succulent and soft but chicken breast or pork can also be used.
- 1 tablepsoon dried marjoram (or freshly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2/3 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 8 chicken tenderloins + bamboo skewers
- ghee for cooking (coconut oil or duck fat can be used instead)
- 4 cups rocket or other green leaf salad + lemon and olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon butter or olive oil
- Combine dried marjoram with chopped garlic, tomato paste, olive oil, salt and pepper and rub over chicken tenderloins skewered on bamboo sticks. The sticks are optional, you can simply marinate chicken strips. Set aside for a few minutes. At the same time, set a saucepan of water to boil.
- Heat a littlecoconut oil in a large frying or grill pan. Cook chicken skewers or strips for 4 minutes on each side. In the meantime, cook the broccoli in boiling water for 2-3 minutes and mix rocket salad leaves with lemon juice and coconut oil. Toss cooked broccoli with some coconut oil and a little sea salt.