This is a fab and firm favourite of mine for the summer and holiday months which are coming up shortly – we hope you will like it too.
- 2 cups watermelon cubed
- 1 x 3 cm ginger piece, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 t coriander chopped
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 2 limes, segmented, plus 2 T juice
- 1 t sesame oil
- 1 x 400 g lightly smoked salmon fillet, cut into thirds
- 2 T coconut oil
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- black sesame seeds, for sprinkling
Combine the watermelon, ginger, chilli, coriander, rice wine vinegar, limes and sesame oil and set aside to infuse.
Rub the salmon with coconut oil, season the skin and place skin side down in a hot, nonstick pan and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until the skin is golden and releases from the pan easily. Turn and cook for a further minute, or for 2 minutes if you like your fish cooked all the way through.
Serve sprinkled with black sesame seeds and the watermelon salsa.