or an Asian-inspired seafood dish, try this succulent Pan Fried Barramundi served with Bok Choy and Vinaigrette
Ingredients Asian Vinaigrette
1 tbsp light soy sauce 1 tbsp fish sauce 2 tbsp Chinkiang vinegar juice of half a lime 1 tbsp mirin 4 birds eye chillies, finely diced 1 long green chilli, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 4 coriander stems, finely chopped 2 slices ginger 2 spring onions,
finely sliced Shiitake mushrooms 100g shiitake mushrooms, quartered 1 tbsp coconut oil
Barramundi 4 x 250g fillets of barramundi, skin on 2 tbsp coconut oil
Braised Bok Choy 2 tbsp coconut oil 4 bunches bok choy, outer leaves removed, halved lengthways 3 slices ginger 3 tbsp light soy sauce
To serve bean sprouts long red chilli, finely sliced coriander leaves salt and pepper, to seaso
- For the Asian Vinaigrette, place all ingredients and 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl and stir well to combine. Season to taste and set aside.
- For the Shiitake Mushrooms, heat coconut oil in a large frypan over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender. Season, remove from heat and set aside in the pan to keep warm.
- For the Barramundi, season the barramundi fillets with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat a large frypan over a medium heat. Fry the barramundi, skin side down, until the skin is crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Turn the fillets over and fry until just cooked through, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside on a warm plate.
- For the Braised Bok Choy, heat a large frypan over medium heat. Add coconut oil and place bok choy, cut side down, in the pan. Cook until caramelised, about 1-2 minutes. Turn the bok choy over, add the sliced ginger and soy sauce to the pan with a little water if necessary. Cover and steam until tender and liquid has evaporated, about 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, remove ginger slices from Asian Vinaigrette and discard. Place bean sprouts in a pile on each plate. Arrange 2 bok choy halves and a few quarters of Shiitake Mushroom next to the bean sprouts. Place a piece of the Barramundi on top of the bean sprouts. Garnish with red chilli and coriander leaves. Serve immediately with the Vinaigrette on the side.