- Slice the paw paw in half or in quarters if necessary, and remove the seeds and then mash it up using a fork or potato masher.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together with the paw paw or papaya in the bowl.
- Place the steak into the marinade, ensuring that the mixture soaks into the meat.
- Cover and refrigerate for no more than two hours as longer will cause the meat to tenderise too much and start to disintegrate.
- Remove from the marinade and braai over hot coals for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the steak